[lucida] Lucida Bright Narrow?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Apr 19 19:09:46 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 07:59 -0700, Peter Schröder wrote:

> Can I just purchase lucida BR narrow (what variants of the family would
> I need?) and install it and then make minimal changes in lucidabr.sty to
> get it? I am no font guru so I don't know what I am potentially getting
> myself into. Can someone provide counsel?

I did a similar thing with Lucida Mono EF - a really nice monospace
font.

You will want to get the Type 1 version of the font if it is available.
Then you will need to use the various tools to create tfm files, map
files, fd files, and a style file.

There recently were some articles on this in
http://www.tug.org/pracjourn/

Just be sure to include your style file AFTER any other font declaring
style files.

Your style file will need to set rmdefault to the lucida bright narrow
font.

-=-
Another option is to get a type1 outline OpenType version of the font,
and use a rather cool tool called fontool that can do everything for you
- it will convert the open type font to type1, make the fd and map
files, and make the style file for you.