[luatex] luatex doesn't set /Smask in pdf 2.0

Frank Mittelbach frank.mittelbach at latex-project.org
Wed Jun 30 20:19:38 CEST 2021

  Luigi

> On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 6:12 PM Frank Mittelbach
> <frank.mittelbach at latex-project.org
> <mailto:frank.mittelbach at latex-project.org>> wrote:
>

>     that mean never then. It is an iso standard and iso standards are to be
>     paid for. 1.7 was an exception as that was published as a draft still
>     under the Adobe flag. Maybe that needs then some sponsor so that at
>     least one copy could be bought for you, say.
>

> https://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/index.html
> <https://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/index.html>

those are only a small subset, the pdf standard is not among them, is
it? So, yes I should have said *most* iso  standards are to be paid for.

It is here:

https://www.iso.org/standard/75839.html

and it is more expensive than I remembered, somewhat in the ball park of
$250 per copy, but still I think the community should be able to afford
that, if that is what it takes.

We do have a good chance to outrun a lot of the commercial applications
when producing PDF from TeX (or rather luatex) but it is a little
hampered if one has looses, e.g., transparency in graphics, if one sets
the pdf version to 2

frank