[luatex] glyph_nodes / character id instead of unicode value

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Tue Feb 4 16:18:11 CET 2020

Hello all,

so far (at least if I understand my own code correctly), I create glyph nodes and insert unicode values into the char field to get the desired output. Can I put glyph ids there instead? Do I need to specify something somewhere else?

My other mails deal with the Zapfino experiment. The ligature Zapfino has glyph id 1059, but putting this into the char field results in an empty PDF file.

How can I put the glyph id instead of the unicode value into char field and get the desired output?

Patrick