[luatex] Stroked Fonts in LuaMPlib

Troy Henderson thenders at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 12:32:12 CET 2019

Several years ago, Laurent Méhats graciously helped me convert a "btex Some
Text etex" picture in MetaPost to an array of outline paths that can be
filled and/or stroked separately.  The solution can be found here:

https://tug.org/pipermail/metapost/2015-May/003083.html

This solution, however, does not work with "btex Some Text etex" pictures
in MPlib because the individual tokens within the picture are identified as
"stroked" (instead of "textual" in plain MetaPost).  Therefore, using
Laurent's solution is not feasible to loop through the components of the
MPlib picture since these components are not textual.

Are there any thoughts on how I can use LuaMPlib (specifically with
LuaLaTeX and OpenType fonts) and stroke/fill the outline paths of the
glyphs independently?

Thank you in advance,

Troy Henderson