[luatex] Unicode math package

Dirk Laurie dirk.laurie at gmail.com
Thu May 2 07:12:32 CEST 2019

Op Wo. 1 Mei 2019 om 20:37 het David Carlisle <d.p.carlisle at gmail.com> geskryf:

> Not sure what you mean by "status", unicode-math has always done that
> (although \symbf preferred to \mathbf)

No, it hasn't. It has treated $𝗔$ as $\mathbf{A}$.

I mean that 𝗔 (u1D5D4), occurring in text mode, is treated as $\mathbf{A}$.

More generally, that if a character from the code block Mathematical
Alphanumeric Symbols is found by itself in text mode, it could
automatically be regarded as a one-character math symbol. At present,
the following input

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{unicode-math}
\begin{document}
Let 𝗔 be a matrix.
\end{document}

silently produces "Let  be a matrix." since the default font does not
have u1D5D4.

-- Dirk