[luatex] luatex and harfbuzz 2.5.1

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 03:35:09 CEST 2019

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 1:39 AM Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> Hi Luigi,
>
> On Tue, 18 Jun 2019, luigi scarso wrote:
>
> > It follows from the development of harftex by K. Hosny.
>
> What is the relation to harftex?

The original proposal was done on Sat, Feb 9, 9:02 PM and
1)   luatex was  practically frozen ;
2)  the  size of the exe jumped from 8M to 24M
3)  introduced the C++ dependency
4)  was not clear the interactions  with the core of luatex

Having a couple of days , I have tried the integration and
1)  with harfbuzz  the size of luatex is still around 8M
2) the C++ dependency is accepted
3)  there is no modification to the core luatex

It seems to work (but see prev. emails).

> We have harftex now in tlcontrib,

I don't know of /manage anything in tlcontrib,  but  having  harftex in
texlive is not a problem for me
 (again see prev emails).

--
luigi