[luatex] [Dev-luatex] luatex and harfbuzz 2.5.1

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Wed Jul 3 13:28:28 CEST 2019

Hi Luigi/all,

Am 18.06.2019 um 20:48 schrieb luigi scarso <luigi.scarso at gmail.com>:

> In experimental there is now
> luatex 1.11.0 with harfbuzz 2.5.1

I have tried current experimental and did a

local harfbuzz = require("harfbuzz")

but I get an error that the module is not found. Any idea where to look?

I have also tried without require, such as:

local ffi = require("ffi")
ffi.cdef[[
const char *
hb_version_string (void);
]]

print(ffi.string(hb_version_string()))

This is LuajitTeX, Version 1.11.0 (TeX Live 2020/dev)

The LuaTeX team is Hans Hagen, Hartmut Henkel, Taco Hoekwater, Luigi Scarso.

LuajitTeX merges and builds upon (parts of) the code from these projects:

tex       : Donald Knuth
etex      : Peter Breitenlohner, Phil Taylor and friends
omega     : John Plaice and Yannis Haralambous
aleph     : Giuseppe Bilotta
pdftex    : Han The Thanh and friends
kpathsea  : Karl Berry, Olaf Weber and others
lua       : Roberto Ierusalimschy, Waldemar Celes and Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
metapost  : John Hobby, Taco Hoekwater, Luigi Scarso, Hans Hagen and friends
pplib     : Paweł Jackowski
fontforge : George Williams (partial)
luajit    : Mike Pall (used in LuajitTeX)

Compiled with libharfbuzz 2.5.3; using 2.5.3
Compiled with libpng 1.6.37; using 1.6.37
Compiled with LuaJIT 2.1.0-beta3
Compiled with mplib version 2.00
Compiled with zlib 1.2.11; using 1.2.11

Development id: 7168