[luatex] MPlib + graphictext

Troy Henderson thenders at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 13:56:33 CET 2019

>      \startMPpage
>      % drawing....
>      \stopMPpage

Thank you Henri.  I have used ConTeXt a bit in the past, and so I am
familiar with this.  One feature that I would like to know how to
accomplish is how to use a True/Open Type Font (TTF/OTF) without having to
go through the entire installation process of such a font.  In LuaLaTeX, I
simply have to place my custom TTF/OTF in the same directory as my .tex
file and do

\begin{document}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont{myfont.ttf}
\begin{document}
\end{document}

I cannot find the corresponding way in ConTeXt to accomplish this.  In
years past, I used the simplefonts module to use True Type Fonts, but that
may be obsolete.  The following does not work for me

\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfont[myfont.ttf]
\startMPpage
% drawing
\endMPpage

I would appreciate help with this.  Thank you in advance,

Troy