[luatex] Generate static libraries of the executables

Henri Menke henrimenke at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 23:40:22 CEST 2019

Dear list, (especially Hans and Luigi)

Would it be possible to have the build system generate static libraries
of the executables as well?  That is to say, instead of generating
luatex.exe, generate luatex.a which can then be turned into an
executable in one linking step.

The rationale is that I want to link additional static and/or dynamic
libraries into LuaTeX but I don't want to go through the whole trouble
of adding these libraries to the build system.  If there was a single
static library `lua(jit)tex.a' which I could be used like

    gcc -o myluatex luatex.a

then this would become very easy.

Kind regards,
Henri