[luatex] shapemode inside vbox

Javier Bezos listas at tex-tipografia.com
Wed Apr 10 15:10:36 CEST 2019

I don't understand the logic of the \parshape's in the
plain document below. The problem is the \parshape with
\shapemode=2 (or 3) inside the \vbox. When the line with
'% text' it commented out, it works as I would expect, but
if I uncomment it, the following par with \parshape is
shifted to the left (actually, the 'text' may go after
the \parshape and the result is the same). What's wrong?

Javier

\pagedir TRT
\bodydir TRT
\pardir TRT
\textdir TRT

\parindent0pt

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod
tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

\hrule

\begingroup

% \pagedir TLT
\bodydir TLT
\pardir TLT
\textdir TLT

\vbox\bgroup

   % text    % uncomment and the following par is shifted to the left

   \parshape 1 .1\hsize .9\hsize \shapemode=2
   Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod
   tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

\egroup

\parshape 1 .1\hsize .9\hsize \shapemode=2
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod
tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

\endgroup

\bye