[luatex] Luatex 1.09.0 announcement (following)

Paweł Jackowski p.jackowski at gust.org.pl
Fri Nov 30 10:51:22 CET 2018

Dear All,

sorry for silence (don't promise to be more talkative, though ;) I read
the list occasionally).

Hans and Luigi explained the background. Indeed, on bachotex2018 I gave
them some snippets of my PDF library. Hans said "to large, how about
making something smaller?". So I did pplib, with functionals dedicated /
limited for luatex needs (eg. no pdf-write support, no images/fonts
handling, ... minimalistic approach). There is no pplib website and
there won't be, at least I'm not going to make one. From my perspective
pplib is dedicated for luatex only. It has no lua/tex dependencies so
can be included elsewhere of course, but as said, it's functionals are
limited by design. It is small but I'm afraid its portability is still
far from perfect, which is another argument for me not to boast or make
it hippie public.

Regarding documentation, pplib API is fully documented from the very
beginning (sphinx-generated html) and the documentation is maintained on
every update. Dunno if included in some public repo.
--
Pawe/l Jackowski
p.jackowski at gust.org.pl