[luatex] inconsolata package

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Jul 31 04:04:12 CEST 2018

On 2018-07-30 at 14:01:46 -0400, liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com wrote:

 > Personally to me it is LuaTeX with Lilypond extensions.

This is your own "virtual reality".  lyluatex is a LaTeX package.

 > So problems will be most likely solved in the LuaTex environment.

Not at all, see above.

Urs is *the* expert and you can save a lot of time if you simply
follow his advices.

BTW, I follow this discussion with great pleasure.  I'm not able to
read music scores at all, but...

More than a decade ago, a professor of the "Hochschule für Musik und
Theater" visited our monthly TeX-meeting at the University.  He was
already aware of LilyPond and MusixTeX.  He was interested in a
procedure which allows his students to insert snippets of music scores
into their theses.  LaTeX was a good starting point but the MusixTeX
notation was simply too difficult.  We had no idea at this time how to
solve this problem.

lyluatex does exactly what the professor asked for.  I'm absolutely
sure that lyluatex will be the de-facto standard for typesetting music
and text in the future.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25