[luatex] lyluatex compile problems

liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com
Mon Jul 30 20:36:03 CEST 2018

Br. Samuel
Thank you for the response.
I will keep it in my mind. It is definitely one way to have a single pdf
as the final document. I can see your point in that case that you dont
want a midi interface directly from the pdf as it can be handed for
users and the soundfiles are preferable and more transportable.
So in retrospect, the software needs a Composition Mode and a
Performance Mode. The Composition Mode allows you to add instruments
from the VSTs to e.g. a large orchestral score and when you are happy
with the entire document and score, it then creates an audio file that
links to the pdf.
What I am saying is that what you describe is the 100% solution to the
Performance Mode (sort of the equivalent of the pressed CD mode you can
distribute).
The Composition Mode is very important in the document preparation and
there you just have to use midi Orchestra VST's and LuaTex/lyLuaTeX
combined with midi drivers for the orchestra interfaces.
The drivers are the easy part for me as I am a very good device driver /
numerical programmer.
So thanks for that pointer, I think you came close to defining that part
accurately.