[luatex] lyluatex compile problems

liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com
Sun Jul 29 18:50:15 CEST 2018

Urs,

Thanks for thy kind and detailed answer.
There is currently NO commercial software I could find that can
intermingle TeX and Musical Nortation.
I am really thankful that you guys did this.
Now if only you have a midi interface that could play the Notation in
the document by means of player buttons, but I understand that doesnt
exist yet.
Frescobaldi does that, but unfortunately cannot add text inline to
scores creating a document.

I might want to create such a frontend for lyluatex.

I will take your concerns noted below seriously.
It is just difficult to figure out the differences between
luatex, lyluatex, lualatex and which interfaces with lillypond for
someone new to luatex (I am an old-time LaTeX/TeX user though )
So I will step on your toes for a while unintentionally.

Are you going to remove lyluatex.tex file in future ?
The reason I ask is that I want to learn lyluatex by studying the code
creating the manual, so I will have to add all the other packages in the
headers of the TeX file.
If I am not supposed to have it let me know, but the manual does EXACTLY
what I want so it THE example file for me. It has everything by design.

If I am allowed to use it and you have the time and patience...
1) Are only the packages listed n the header needed to compile the
manual ?
2) Are there any other unforseen issues compiling it you know of that
could save me time before I delve into it myself ?

This is possibly the best music typeset software that I have seen in my
life.
I cannot think of anything that can beat it.
Enormous !!!
Hope the Universities at least will use it and stop teaching people to
be Joe-mousepusher.

Thanks