[luatex] Misplaced letter

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Thu Jul 26 17:12:36 CEST 2018

Am Thu, 26 Jul 2018 16:49:05 +0200 schrieb Javier Bezos:

>>> \font\at= [c:/Windows/Fonts/arabtype.ttf]:%
>>>     mode=node;script=arab;+init;+medi;+fina;+rlig;
>
>> how about also adding: 'kern' 'mark' 'mkmk' 'curs' as well as 'analyze' and
>> maybe 'liga', 'calt', 'clig' and more
>
> The two words I selected should work with the minimal
> set of features I set. And indeed, your code under
> \tex\generic\context\luatex DOES work.
>
> But luautfload has not been updated (and adding these
> features changes nothing).

You need to use a newer fontloader.

Please try the experimental luaotfload:

Get the texmf-tree from here

https://github.com/u-fischer/lua-font-pond

and save it somewhere on your computer (or clone the whole
repository)

Add the texmf to your system by issuing

   tlmgr conf auxtrees add path/to/the/texmf/root

It should then work out of the box. You should see messages like

!!!!! MK: Using CHANGED luaotfload-parsers.lua 2018-06-26 !!!!!
luaotfload | conf : Requested fontloader
"fontloader-reference-2018-07-20.lua" n
ot defined, use at your own risk.

in the log.

At the first run it will probably regenerate the font database. So
be patient.

If you no longer want to use it, deactivate it with

   tlmgr conf auxtrees delete path/to/the/texmf/root

In the folder fontloader-luaotfload of this texmf is a
luaotfload.conf, there you can activate/deactivate fontloaders (by
removing the semicolon).

The currently last (commented) entry
;fontloader = fontloader-reference-2018-07-20-patched.lua
contains the direction patch suggested yesterday by Hans which also
corrects the \halign.

--
Ulrike Fischer
https://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/