[luatex] Misplaced letter

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 25 23:18:52 CEST 2018

On 7/25/2018 8:29 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Am Wed, 25 Jul 2018 19:38:26 +0200 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>

>>> The spacing on the left of the left lines looks a bit wrong. And the
>>> numbers should be perhaps read 1234. But I don't know enough about
>>> arabic fonts to be able to setup a comparision with context and with
>>> the luatex-plain code. And so I can't decide if the problem is with
>>> luaotfload/the fontloader or some missing feature in the font
>>> definition. Perhaps you could try too and show your output?
>>
>> in such a low level halign the direction is not known so one should
>> either add a \textdir TRT in the cell or you can try to add this to
>
> When I added \textdir to the cell the content disappeared ;-).
> (Perhaps it is outside the text margin or whatever).

how about

{\textdir ... }
> does it still panic if two object are written?

i don't know .. i've never done that .. but i would not be surprised as
one can mess up in many ways (and adding all kind of checks for what are
programming errors at the lua end will not happen i.e. only trivial
tests that don't hit performance) .. it's a side effect of opening up
that one can introduce conflicts

> Did you find the source for Roberts problem with the "! error:
> (vf): invalid DVI command"?
i didn't look into something like that; is there a simple test i can do
without installing a ton of code? btw, if it's a bad font then such a
message sounds ok to me ... using for instance a non-pdf vf special in a
virtual font is invalid in pdf output mode as is a vf pdf special in dvi
mode