[luatex] Misplaced letter

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 21 22:13:01 CEST 2018

On 7/21/2018 11:24 AM, Javier Bezos wrote:
> Still struggling, after several months, with Arabic fonts :-(.
> This is the only thing I need to release a new babel with support
> for Arabic, but I'm stuck.
>
> Hans:
>
>      > I'll send Ulrike something to test.

afaik arabic works ok in context (i'd have gotten complaints from users
otherwise) so maybe you don't enable the right features

> Ulrike:
>
>     With the patched function (added to a fontloader from 2017-12-12)
>     the output of both examples looks ok (that means that the paragraphs
>     are identical, I have no idea if they are correct ;-))
>

> Please, could you post the fix here or send it to me?

Be aware that Ulrike takes recent version from the context distribution
so it might not be a drop in for texlive.

> By the way, I've attempted to use the context loader with:
>
> -------
> [run]
> fontloader = context;
> -------

with 'context' being ... actually the generic fontloader uses the fact
that 'context' is undefined but i assume that it never was an issue in
the wrapped code