[luatex] First question: Retrieve *family* name of a font / the three main families

Br. Samuel Springuel rpspringuel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 01:26:48 CET 2018

On 1/20/18 7:00 PM, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
> I can't imagine that anybody in the world wants to typeset
> Beethoven's 9th Symphony with a sans-serif or typewriter font.

Probably not, but there are people who want to typeset Jazz lead sheets
with a sans font that makes the whole thing look handwritten:

https://www.musictypefoundry.com/images/MTF-Improviso-2.0-allofme.png

And I'm sure if you poked around enough, some one would want to do
something with a typewriter font too.  There are people out there with
all kinds of needs/wants/tastes.

--
Br. Samuel, OSB

PAX ☧ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ