[luatex] First question: Retrieve *family* name of a font / the three main families

Br. Samuel Springuel rpspringuel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 17:03:09 CET 2018

On 2018-01-19 8:37 AM, Urs Liska wrote:
> otfinfo seems to be available on Windows and even included in
> http://w32tex.org/ ,  but I'm not sure if that will be an acceptable
> dependency.

IIRC, otfinfo is also made available by TeXLive.  In 2016 the Gregorio
project started adding version information to our fonts and I modified
our system-setup.bat (a script we provide to help diagnose installation
problems) to make use of otfinfo in order to check that version
information.  I only would have done that if I felt it was reasonable to
expect otfinfo to be available on Windows, i.e. TeXLive and/or MiKTeX
installed it.

--
Br. Samuel, OSB

PAX ☧ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ