[luatex] Reusable Code (LuaLaTeX + LuaMPlib)

Troy Henderson thenders at gmail.com
Wed May 31 04:36:12 CEST 2017

I would like to reuse MetaPost code with LuaMPlib using LuaLaTeX.  The
following code drawss the line and typesets the text (label) correctly in
the first mplibcode, but the second mplibcode fails to typeset the text
(label).  I have two questions:

   1. Why is the text (label) not included in currentpicture to be reused?
   I believe that it is mentioned in the \mplibcodeinherit{enable} section of
   the LuaMPlib manual, but I don't fully understand why it is so.
   2. How can I reuse the code (perhaps with some TeX/LaTeX
   \def/\newcommand macros)?

I would appreciate any insight into this problem.  Thank you in advance.

Troy Henderson