[luatex] font expansion

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Thu Jul 6 15:30:45 CEST 2017

Am Thu, 6 Jul 2017 14:02:24 +0200 schrieb Hans Hagen:

>>| When \adjustspacing has value 2, hz optimization will be applied to
>>| glyphs and kerns. When the value is 3, only glyphs will be treated.
>>| A value smaller than 2 disables this feature.
>>
>> However, what I see is:
>>   * a difference between \adjustspacing=0 and \adjustspacing=1,
>>   * a difference between \adjustspacing=1 and \adjustspacing=2,
>>   * no difference between \adjustspacing=2 and \adjustspacing=3

>   When I test the adjustments here it looks ok (it works).

I have the impression that the manual description is "one off".

The manual says

0,1: do nothing
2  : glyph + kerns
3  : glyphs

But for me it looks like

0:   do nothing
1:   glyphs + kerns
2,3: glyphs

(I'm not quite sure regarding the kerns, as I don't really
understand which kerns should be affected by it. But it is rather
obvious that 0 is different to 1 and that 2 and 3 give always the
same output).

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/