[luatex] segfault lualatx in math_fraction (), texlive 2016, lualatex 0.95

Kazuki Maeda kmaeda at kmaeda.net
Mon Jan 2 11:59:43 CET 2017

On Mon, 2 Jan 2017 11:22:56 +0100
luigi scarso <luigi.scarso at gmail.com> wrote:

> I cannot reproduce it, but probably I have an old texlive 2016 --  I'm
> updating now.
> Can you send me the core dump off list ?

I also uploaded the core dump to
https://kmaeda.net/tmp/core.11315.gz

In the previous mail, I wrote the wrong number "rev 6160", which should be corrected
to "rev 6177".

The condition that causes the SEGV seems to be very sensitive.
E.g., if I put \hypertarget{foo}{} to the line 25167 in KERNEL.tex,
the SEGV is not caused. On the other hand, if I put \hypertarget{foo}{}
to the line 25169, the SEGV is still caused.
So I guess that the trigger is the complicated fraction at line 25168,
but I cannot say anymore than that.

Best regards
Kazuki Maeda