[luatex] LuaLaTeX + bm package

Troy Henderson thenders at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 18:09:52 CEST 2016

I have read the following issue that was reported on the TeX/LaTeX Stack
Exchange forum

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/314863

and I have posted a question that is related to this issue.  The problem is
with LuaLaTeX and the bm package (specifically with the Lucida Bright
fonts).  Here is a copy of my post to this group (since I'm not certain if
my post on Stack Exchange is showing).

Troy Henderson

-------------

I have downloaded the latest version of *bm* from CTAN, and it seems to fix
the problem listed above when using the default font, but when I use the
Lucida Bright fonts (Type 1) from TUG, there are still issues. These issues
did not exist in the 2015 version of LuaLaTeX, but they do in the 2016
version.

I include the Lucida Bright fonts with

    \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

  \usepackage{lucidabr}

Here is the *CORRECT* output (using PDFLaTeX)

​

and here is the *INCORRECT* output (using LuaLaTeX)

​

I suspect that the OpenType version of Lucida Bright would fix the problem,
but unfortunately this font came out shortly after I purchased the Type 1
version. As such, I cannot justify purchasing the OpenType (especially
since the problem did not exist in the 2015 version of LuaLaTeX and since
it does not exist with PDFLaTeX).