[luatex] Building a PDF with Lua code, without a TeX stub

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 10:38:07 CEST 2016

On 20 October 2016 at 09:10, Deepak Jois <deepak.jois at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 12:23 PM, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso at gmail.com> wrote:
>> you can consider to build your own format and run it by a wrapper
>> as done in context in the minimals
>
> I have never used ConTeXt, so could you please elaborate on your answer.

If you use TeX Live, you should already have it installed (or you can
install it via tlmgr or your package manager, but ideally don't go for
anything older that TeX Live 2016).

If you have MikTeX, it won't work.

(Or you can install the standalone ConTeXt distribution, but don't
worry about it just yet.)

You can try to save the following to test.cld and process it with
"context.cld" just to answer yourself whether this could help you in
any way:

context.setupindenting({"yes", "20pt", "first"})
context.starttext()
context("hello world")
context.par()
context.input("knuth")
context.stoptext()

If it does, it might be possible to replace ConTeXt with plain TeX.

> Where can I find this custom format in the context source code. Is
> there a path I can look in.

With a custom format I meant LaTeX or plain TeX (or something else of
your choice). The above example uses ConTeXt to typeset text, but it
is able to typeset from lua directly.

Mojca