[luatex] Magnification in PDF mode

Jean-Pierre Demailly jean-pierre.demailly at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr
Sat Nov 12 17:51:17 CET 2016

Hi:

I have to admit I am a Plain TeX addict. Since LuaTeX allows
additional flexibility, I was trying tu use it as a TeX engine.
A natural expectation would have been that luatex at least compatible
with the original TeX. Therefore, I am horrified to realize that
\magnification=... is no longer available in PDF mode, worse, that it
behaves differently in DVI and PDF modes ! In my eyes, this is really
a wrong decision. At least, a fallback mechanism for \magnification
should be provided !!

Regards,
JP Demailly