[luatex] upcoming release

Meer, Hans van der H.vanderMeer at uva.nl
Wed May 25 13:52:27 CEST 2016

> On 25 May 2016, at 12:29, Marco Patzer <lists at homerow.info> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 25 May 2016 10:12:16 +0000
> "Meer, Hans van der" <H.vanderMeer at uva.nl> wrote:
>
>>> On 06 Oct 2015, at 16:55, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
>>>
>>> \let\pdftexversion \luatexversion
>>
>> The \luatexversion macro troubles me.
>>
>> \starttext
>>  \luatexversion
>> \stoptext
>>
>> gives the error: You can't use `\luatexversion' in vertical mode
>
> \starttext
>  \the\luatexversion
> \stoptext

I was fooled by the lookalike \contextversion.
Still it is a bit strange that one has to call "\the\luatexversion" whereas for the revisionnumber just "\luatexrevision" is the call to place.
Is it a viable request to ask for a change here and let "\luatexversion" have the effect of what now "\the\luatexversion" does?
I guess this means to change the name of a register and defining \luatexversion as the access to that register.

Hans van der Meer