[luatex] dvilualatex fails with hyperref in TL 2016 pretest

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Mon May 23 03:10:07 CEST 2016

On 22 May 2016 at 23:49, Scott Kostyshak <skostysh at lyx.org> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> The following example fails to compile with dvilualatex, with or without
> the luatex85 package. Is this expected?

Not totally unexpected.

>  It compiles without error with
> TL 2015.
>
> -----
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{luatex85}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage[latin9]{luainputenc}
> \usepackage{hyperref}
>
> \begin{document}
> hello
> \end{document}
> -----
>
> I get the following error:
>
> -----
> ! unexpected use of \pdffeedback.
> \pdftexversion ->\numexpr \pdffeedback
>                                        version\relax
> l.4771 \ifnum\pdftexversion
>                          =140 %
> -----
>
> By the way, I don't actually use dvilualatex but I have no idea if some
> of our users do so that is why I'm interested.
>
> Scott

Actually more worrying than the fact that it gives an error in
dviluatex is that it does
the wrong thing without error in luatex it's comparing the number to
140 but luatex
sets this (somewhat arbitrarily) to 40 so even when it is set in pdf
mode the numeric
test is meaningless.

the "40" might be an issue for luatex but anyway the main issue is
that hyperref shouldn't
be testing this at all in luatex now. I'll see what I can do.

https://github.com/ho-tex/hyperref/issues

better than this list for hyperref specific issues.

David