[luatex] MWE now failing with recent TeX Live update

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Fri Mar 18 19:20:16 CET 2016

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 05:15:26PM +0100, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Am Fri, 18 Mar 2016 14:56:37 +0000 schrieb Arthur Reutenauer:
>>   Sadly no.  The code from luababel.def fails when loading language.dat,
>> even though it is correctly installed and can (of course) be found by
>> kpsewhich.  Somehow I think I've seen that error somewhere; does anyone
>> have an idea why this happens?
>
> Well you are not saying what error you get.

  Because it's irrelevant.  The error comes from the line that tries to
open language.dat for reading, and since that fails I get the error
message triggered by that: "I couldn't find language.dat, etc.".
Without spaces, actually, that may be another symptom of the same
underlying problem.

> \documentclass[]{article}
>
> \makeatletter
> \input luababel.def
> [etc.]

  But that doesn't reproduce the situation at all; I'm of course having
that code inside polyglossia.sty.  I just pushed it to a new branch on
GitHub, "issue-129-with-luababel"
(https://github.com/reutenauer/polyglossia/blob/issue-129-with-luababel/tex/polyglossia.sty)

	Best,

		Arthur