[luatex] behavior of buildpage_filter ?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Mar 11 14:35:27 CET 2016

On 3/10/2016 8:56 PM, Frank Mittelbach wrote:
> Am 10.03.16 um 20:33 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>> indeed, this is a known issue and it's on my list to look into that (one
>> can check for the location, at least that's what i do as a way out for
>> now); we probably need an additional callback but not for the next
>> release (as one might need to adapt code due to a break in compatibility)
>
> ok good, so much the better if it is already known. yeah one can program
> around it, even though it is again a bit painful :-)

indeed and i must admit that when i ran into it long ago that it took me
a while to realize that i needed to ignore those; anyway, i checked what
i had in mind with this ...

... it's pre_box, box, pre_adjust and adjust which are the ones in post
line break and these are not followed by an actual break which happens a
bit later with its own call ...

... i'll move these four to a new callback contribute_filter

(but for now, you'd better check for these 4 cases)