[luatex] luatex - font encoding for type 1 fonts

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Jun 29 14:10:08 CEST 2016

On 6/29/2016 11:17 AM, Pali Rohár wrote:
> On Sunday 26 June 2016 18:41:47 Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 6/26/2016 4:59 PM, Pali Rohár wrote:
>>
>>> And another question, it is possible that in generated PDF will be this
>>> character mapped to U+201C (only when selecting text in PDF reader)? In
>>> pdftex it can be achieved by:
>>>
>>>  \pdfglyphtounicode{csquotedblright}{201C}
>>>  \pdfgentounicode=1
>>>
>>> which generate CMAP table where glyph name csquotedblright is mapped to
>>> U+201C. Btw, CMAP table allows to map move glyphs to same unicode
>>> characters...
>>
>> tounicodes are automatically added and i don't like to add exceptions for
>> fixing bad glyphs
>
> Does it mean that \pdfglyphtounicode is not supported?

only for traditional (non cid encoded) fonts but the lua based loader
uses wide fonts where we can pass tounicode entries (given that the font
has info about the replacements or alternatives or whatever of course)

(in an opentype situation that alternative patched quote could be a
language specific alternate in which case it's unicode would be known)