[luatex] luatex - font encoding for type 1 fonts

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 12:16:10 CEST 2016

On Friday 24 June 2016 16:11:39 Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 6/24/2016 3:44 PM, Pali Rohár wrote:
> >>
> >> Thank you, going to look at it!
> >
> > Now I have something working. If somebody is interesting see
> > attachment. PDF output from both pdftex and luatex (on pdfcsplain
> > format) is exactly same.
> >
> > Hans & Mojca, it is correct way?
>
> you need to do the ligatures and kerns too

Snip from my lua code:

local characters = {}
for uni, cs in pairs(csbase) do
        if f.characters[cs] then
                characters[uni] = {}
                for key, val in pairs(f.characters[cs]) do
                        characters[uni][key] = val
                end
                characters[uni].commands = {{ 'char', cs }}
        end
end

Inner for loop should copy whole structure of font with ligatures and
kerns, or not?

Or is something more needed for ligatures and kerns?

>  > Will hyphenation works correctly?
>
> if it's unicoded, yes

New virtual font has defined unicode chars (as commands to other chars),
so it is unicoded, right?

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com