[luatex] Prevent stop when tiff file loads

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 20:48:07 CET 2016

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 10:15 AM, Patrick Gundlach <patrick at gundla.ch>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> > In practice, identifying all image files formats (tiff, png, pdf...)
> *should* work with the first 4 bytes of the file (they were designed this
> way).
>
> I think I'll go that way, but I still wish (feature request) that LuaTeX
> does not fail with a fatal error if an unknown file format is encountered,
> instead it would be nice to have something like "return nil, errormessage".

Hm.
As is the source code now,  I think that it's better to exit (as is now)
than try to recover from the wrong image.
I mean: all is doable, but we should rewrite code
to obtain (with a small effort) the same thing that we can have just now,
breaking the compatibility with the behaviour of pdftex.

--
luigi