[luatex] luaotfload in format file

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 03:23:49 CET 2016

On 10 January 2016 at 01:11, Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de>
wrote:

> Until TL-2014 everything worked fine.  I didn't have to load
> luatexbase-loader explicitly.  I doubt that your changes to the format
> file break it.  Either luaotfload was changed or my enableprimitives setup
> needs some adaptions, or both.
>
> Regards,
>   Reinhard

Hmmmmm

So I guess the main change is that since October 2015 release the latex
format includes
ltluatex (basically a refactored luatexbase)  however the lua part of that
is loaded at \everyjob
as you can't save lua state in the format.

So what's affected you is that luaotfload detects it's running under latex
so doesn't load
ltluatex (or luatexbase) however at the point you are using it only the tex
side of ltluatex is loaded.

A quick test suggests that this should work (at least the format makes
without error) you'll need to
check whether it works for your use case, ping back if it doesn't...

\input latex.ltx

%\nonstopmode

\directlua{require("ltluatex")}
\RequirePackage{luaotfload}