[luatex] hyphenation in luatex 0.87

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Feb 14 18:43:57 CET 2016

On 2/14/2016 12:03 PM, David Carlisle wrote:
> Hans,
>
>> ah, actually that's on purpose: language zero is ignored
>
> What!!!!!!!
>
> Oh really please no.
>
> \language=0 has been the default, US English language since the dawn
> of time, This will break (and has broken) every format except
> presumably context.

as if there are that many formats ...

> If you are serious about luatex being a generic engine and not simply
> a context platform then _please_ back that out.

i assume you're joking (as till now we never added something specific
for context to luatex, even if it was tempting) but anyhow ... i'll make
it an option (not to be used by formats other than context then) ... all
other behavior of the hyphenator other than whatever generic is, will stay

(as we want 1.0 to be stable in terms of interface other changes /
features will probably show up the 2.0 incarnation of luatex - we
probably have to change the name luatex then but that's for later to
worry about and only of concern to context users)