[luatex] Lua module cache manager (a solution)

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sat Feb 13 13:50:01 CET 2016

Dear Kalrish Bäakjen,

Thanks a lot for your files, that looks like an interesting solution!

First, for Hans: there's an interesting question on

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/292559/callback-to-be-run-at-the-end-of-the-job

is it normal that the stop_run callback is not called in draft mode?

Now, a few remarks on the cache system itself:

1. Do you have any benchmarks to encourage LuaTeX users to try it? On
your test file, I get a speedup of about 400ms, which is not nothing, so
I think it's a promising improvement!

2. I admit I'm not really familiar with the --lua command line argument
of LuaTeX, is there any way to turn this code into a regular package?
And maybe using a Git(hub?) repository? We can make one in the lualatex
Github organisation if you want:

https://github.com/lualatex/

Thank you,
--