[luatex] callbacks in luatex 0.89

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Feb 11 14:53:11 CET 2016

On 2/11/2016 2:23 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Am Thu, 11 Feb 2016 10:47:29 +0100 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>
>>> This came up as a user query about some old code of Taco's on
>>> stackexchange using token_filter
>>>
>>> http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/21691/1090
>>>
>>> What is the intended replacement for token_filter?
>>
>> none,
>
> Is there in context code which offers something similar to
> \XeTeXinterchartoks? That means can one declare (unicode)
> blocks/classes of characters and tokens (e.g. font switches,
> language switches etc) which should be inserted between character of
> different blocks?
>
> If yes, where is it?

No, because it's not the way context does things (or at least I never
needed it so I never bothered to look into writing it). I would probably
look into it when there was demand for some feature not supported yet.
Even then I'd probably not rely interpreting unicode characters but on
proper tagging because one never knows what the intended use/rendering
of some character at some point it.