[luatex] Handling of combining and variant selector characters in math

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Feb 9 17:01:35 CET 2016

On 2/9/2016 2:54 PM, David Carlisle wrote:

> As explained in the article at least two possible suggestions are
> being considered:  adding the new alphabet in a new code block range,
> or defining  "variant selector" characters that would force one or
> other interpretation.

I don't know anything about latex math internals so I can't contribute
much but suppose a new code block range makes most sense (after all, the
replacements are not in the normal slots anyway) ... so mostly a macro
package issue (for the math machinery characters are just references to
glyphs wrapped in nodes with math properties).