[luatex] fontloader in iniTeX

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 12:27:05 CEST 2016

On Sunday 14 August 2016 12:10:21 Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 8/13/2016 11:48 PM, Pali Rohár wrote:
> > On Tuesday 09 August 2016 14:08:39 Hans Hagen wrote:
> >> it all depends on what you want to do:
> > Using fontloader to load both OTF and TFM+PFB fonts.

> >> no problem .. all a matter of proper definitions
> >
> > I tried to postpone \font definition from iniTeX via \everyjob...
> > but I'm unable to preload plain.tex into dump as it calls
> > \skewchar, \textfont and other font definitions...
>
> then load them at initime and afterwards redefine the font ones

But that drop all \skewchar, \textfont and other definitions as those
commands use fonts at time of assignment. So if I redefine font \tenrm
then \textfont will still use old font...

> also, plain loads traditional tfm files and if you load some other
> font, say a csr one, it's no longer plain and you then can as well
> add extra code to deal with this

It is slightly modified, but still plain:

http://texdoc.net/texmf-dist/tex/csplain/base/csplain.ini
http://texdoc.net/texmf-dist/tex/csplain/base/csfonts.tex

It basically replace cm* fonts with cs* (cs* are just extension and
fully backward compatible with cm*), set A4 format, load also Slovak
hyphenation patterns and in pdfTeX uses encTeX for UTF-8 support.

So I would say it is still plain, just for Slovak texts.

But in LuaTeX for loading cs* fonts is needed your fontloader with
TFM+PFB support, for original Knuth's cm* fonts not.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com