[luatex] default magnification

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Apr 23 18:37:53 CEST 2016

> On Apr 23, 2016, at 11:29 AM, Philipp Gesang <phg at phi-gamma.net> wrote:
>
> ···<date: 2016-04-23, Saturday>···<from: Herbert Schulz>···

>>> Can you reduce that file to an MWE?
>>>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> Here is a reasonable MWE that shows the problem. I get anywhere from 2 to 6 runs when one should do.
>>
>> % !TEX TS-program = lualatexmk
>> % !TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
>> \documentclass{article}
>> \usepackage{fontspec}
>> \setmainfont[Ligatures=TeX]{TeX Gyre Pagella}
>> \setsansfont[Ligatures=TeX,Scale=MatchLowercase]{Latin Modern Sans}
>> \setmonofont[Scale=MatchLowercase]{Inconsolata}
>> \begin{document}
>> Hello World
>> \end{document}
>
> Tested with “Inconsolata LGC” because that’s the one I have here,
> the example does not trigger a database reload. As for that build
> tool, if invoked like so:
>
>    latexmk -pdflatex=lualatex -pdf test.tex
>
> I can confirm that it indeed errors out due to too many runs. No
> idea how it works, though.
>
> Best,
> Philipp

Howdy,

Near the end of the last run I see

   Changed files, or newly in use since previous run(s):
      '/Users/herbs/Library/texlive/2016/texmf-var/luatex-cache/generic/fonts/otl/lmsans10-regular.luc'
Latexmk: Maximum runs of pdflatex reached without getting stable files
Latexmk: Did not finish processing file 'test.tex':
   'pdflatex' needed too many passes

which seems to indicate that latexmk is ``seeing'' ~/Library/texlive/2016/texmf-var/luatex-cache/generic/fonts/otl/lmsans10-regular.luc change.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)