[luatex] default magnification
herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Apr 23 16:09:06 CEST 2016
I have two systems with TeX Live 2016 pretest. Both are running OS X 10.11.4 (El Capitan) and bot are up to date as of 2016/04/23.
One of the systems seems to have a default magnification of the text when using lualatex is >1 (i.e., text is larger and the page is overfilled) while all is well on the other system.
Is there a simple way for me to find what is different in an initialization file between the two systems so I can correct this.
Besides this problem I am having some major problems with font usage with fontspec and lualatex that I didn't have with TL2015. I've rebuilt the font database using luaotfload-tool (v2.7) (`luaotfload-tool -u -f -v`) and the Monaco font (/System/Library/Fonts/Monaco.dfont) as well as some other fonts aren't found. Two sample files for Lucida Bright OT fonts that show some special features, etc., seem to hang. A demonstration file that showed the use of fontspec with lualatex (it is shipped with MacTeX) seems to rebuild ~/Library/texlive/2016/texmf-var/luatex-cache/generic/fonts/otl/lmsans10-regular.luc on essentially every run; not a big deal unless you're using latexmk when you get extra runs or, sometimes an infinite loop (infinity=6 runs for latexmk).
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)
More information about the luatex