[luatex] How do I load hyphenation patterns?

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 15:38:06 CEST 2016

On 11 April 2016 at 14:28, Apostolos Syropoulos <asyropoulos at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Search the archive of this list. I wrote about it on march, 18.
>>
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.luatex.user/5680/
>>
> Thank you very much for your prompt answer but this does not solve my problem.
> I am not using babel and I do not want to use it. Let's say I want to make
> my xgreek package functional with luaLaTeX.

You can use \newlanguage to allocate a new language and then just
\input a tex file that has
\patterns{a1x2b3g .......}
what not sure what other syntax you are looking for. It is exactly the
same as classic tex, except that
the patterns can use the full unicode range and can be loaded into a
normal tex run, not just an initex run.

>> \directlua{require('xxx')}
>>

> OK but I bet it would be better to define something like \useluacode{xxx} that
> would expand to this.

The luatexbase package defines a \RequireLuaModule that you can use if
you wish but really
\directlua{require('xxx')} is fine and clear syntax given that  there
is presumably lua syntax in other places as well

David