[luatex] How do I load hyphenation patterns?

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Mon Apr 11 15:17:41 CEST 2016

Am Mon, 11 Apr 2016 12:15:50 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Apostolos
Syropoulos:

> Hello,
>
> A friend of mine asked me a "simple" question but it turns out it is not that simple.
> In fact, I cannot find the answer to this question nowhere! What I want to do? Simply
> to load the hyphenation patterns of some language. No I do not want to use babel or
> anything like this. I just want to know how this can be done.

Search the archive of this list. I wrote about it on march, 18.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.luatex.user/5680/

> Second, I want to know
> how do I load a lua package in luaLaTeX file?
> Is there something similar to \usepackage?

E.g.

\directlua{require('xxx')}

> Third, how do I pass the value of some lua variable to a TeX register? I have checked out
> the manual and many fora but I could not find the answer to this questions.

Frank Mittelbach showed an example in this list just before your
question.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/