[luatex] Logging of font names in box log output

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 01:09:39 CEST 2015

> and when i run this with (my version of) plain for luatex

> i get

> \box0=
\> hbox(4.30554+1.94444)x10.5556, direction TLT
> .\b x
> .\b y

you do? interesting:-) I'll dig out the sources and see what's happening there!

> (btw, for years i have been working on the luatex variant of context and i explicitly don't pose limitations on the development of luatex by context compatibility demands .. which also means that i have to keep adapting code while we further develop luatex; imo, if someone really wants detailed compatibility, one should stick to pdftex or xetex; in fact, i expect that it will take many years before the context version of luatex will be stable and even then it's a somewhat different engine than pdftex or xetex)

Yes sure, but we weren't asking for compatible output so much as
mechanically understandable difference in output from the same input.
But actually I think you've given enough hints that we can probably
achieve that. (specifically while running the regression test suite,
logging for normal documents doesn't really need to be compatible
across engines in the same way.)

Anyway thanks for the consideration, we'll work something out:-)

David