[luatex] Luaotfload still cannot embed several new CJK fonts in Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hironobu YAMASHITA h.y.acetaminophen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 18:17:39 CEST 2015

​​Dear Hans,

> I've uploaded a new context beta that now looks at the postscriptname
>  (but with some extra checking and in the same spot where fontname and
>  fullname are checked).
Thank you very much for new context beta.
I've tested it with following source, using SourceHanSans-Medium.ttc.
I removed all the other private font files from my TEXMF tree, and deleted
all cache files which had already existed.

{\zzz Using SourceHanSans-Medium.ttc (OTC: OpenType Collection)}

\xxx 骨\yyy 骨\zzz 骨\www 骨

\xxx 曜\yyy 曜\zzz 曜\www 曜

In version 2015.10.07 12:03, four different characters were printed
correctly. However, in version 2015.10.09 10:59, all four characters
were printed in "SourceHanSansMedium" form.
Sample source, pdfs, and logs are available at:

I checked the cache files, and all of them have the same definitions:
  ["familyname"]="Source Han Sans",
  ["fullname"]="Source Han Sans Medium",
This seems to be an unexpected result...

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://tug.org/pipermail/luatex/attachments/20151010/a0a346d7/attachment.html>

More information about the luatex mailing list