[luatex] Will the next version of LuaTeX allow integer up to 2^(63)-1?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Oct 4 11:07:26 CEST 2015

On 10/4/2015 9:52 AM, Jilani KHALDI wrote:
>> It's clear to me that Lua has to be frozen in LuaTeX former or later.
> Why? Who has decided this?

We, the team, will decide that at some point ... we will do experiments
with 5.3 and see how that affects stability. The < 5.2 model is quite
predictable, i.e. all floats in lua and all integers in tex, while the
hybrid lua number model might result in integers becoming floats or not
(so one has to be more careful with division / rounding / casting etc).

So we're not in that hurry, and if we go for 5.3 we might wait a few
revisions before it ends up in the yearly tex live stable.