[luatex] default font loader for define_font callback

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Mon Nov 30 14:19:47 CET 2015

Am Mon, 30 Nov 2015 12:50:22 +0100 schrieb Ulrike Fischer:

> The curious thing is that not all kern values are affected. I played
> a bit around also with latex examples (and luaotfload) and got a
> different value only for va but not for VA or Va:

I think I found the reason why only va is affected. The relevant
part of the ligtable looks like this:

  (STOP)
   (LABEL C k)
   (LABEL C v)
   (KRN C a R -0.054398) %<--
   (LABEL C w)
   (KRN C e R -0.027199)
   (KRN C a R -0.027199) %<--
   (KRN C o R -0.027199)
   (KRN C c R -0.027199)
 (STOP)

As one can see it this section there are two settings for char a -
the one for va and the other for wa. And luatex picks up the second
value. If one inserts a (STOP) or remove the second (KRN C a R
-0.027199) the problem is gone.

The question is if this is a luatex bug or if luatex does reveal a
bug in the ligtable of cmr12 ;-).

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/