[luatex] read and write streams

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Thu Nov 19 14:32:05 CET 2015

On 19/11/2015 13:21, jfbu wrote:
> Hi David and Hans,
>
> one question of a neophyte
>
> will (or is) code using \immediate\write16{foo} be broken
> by more output streams ?
>
> (by this I mean could 16 end up being assigned to some
> file output stream number)
>
> best
>
> Jean-François

Yes (which is where we started with this). With the new set up, the
first 'certain to be unused' stream is 128. That should therefore be
used instead of 16 where the 'dump to the terminal' behaviour is required.

(Aside: At present stream 128 is not working with the W32 build I have,
SVN 5538, but Hans confirms this is an out-and-out bug so will be solved.)

Joseph