[luatex] Using a Lua C .so module with LuaLaTeX

Deepak Jois deepak.jois at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 10:41:16 CET 2015

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 2:53 PM, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, good. What is the difference in bytes of the two binaries ?

$> du luatex luatex-stripped
27000   luatex
25272   luatex-stripped

> At
> http://lua-users.org/wiki/BuildingModules
> Mac OS X bundles (only for Lua 5.1.0 - Lua 5.1.2)
> there is a note on unloading modules. Are you able to check it ?
> It seems that there is not that problem here.

I can’t see how that related to what we are discussing here. The note
refers to “Modules that use obj-c” (the module I have is using plain
C). Moreover as the heading says, it is only relevant to (Lua 5.1.0 -
Lua 5.1.2). I have Lua 5.2 and so is the version of Lua embedded
inside LuaTeX.

What do you want me to check, exactly. Could you be more specific please?

Deepak