[luatex] New \pdf... primitives

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Nov 17 01:51:39 CET 2015

On 11/17/2015 1:35 AM, David Carlisle wrote:

> !  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
>
> so no ? prompt or recovery, it just stops.

in fact such errors being fatal is true for most backend related errors
which normally are not recoverable (and seldom used by users) ... in the
current version errors and warnings are at least now all using the same
methods (so we have tex errors, with this prompt, backend/lua warnings
and tex/backend/lua errors where the later quits the run (as one has to
fix something fundamental)

Hans

btw, i wonder if we need to keep this v/horigin stuff as i suppose latex
also sets is to "1 true in"