[luatex] Segfault with null argument to -output-comment

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun May 24 12:59:27 CEST 2015

On 5/24/2015 12:26 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Op 23 mei 2015 om 13:04 heeft luigi scarso <luigi.scarso at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
>>
>> Hm.
>>
>> $ luatex --fmt=luatex-plain --foo  "test.tex"
>> luatex: unrecognized option '--foo'
>> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.80.1 experimental
>>   \write18 enabled.
>> (./test.tex
>> :
>> :
>>

>> $ luatex --fmt=luatex-plain --lua=test.lua  --foo  "test.tex"
>> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.80.1 experimental
>>   \write18 enabled.
>> (./test.tex
>> :
>> :
>> (test.lua is empty)
>>
>> Perhaps we should explain this in the manual,
>> but in general I think it's not a good idea to suppress the message
>> "unrecognized option" .
>
> This is working exactly as intended. Please do not change the behaviour.

Indeed, so the two example runs can be added to the manual as with:

When a lua script is specified there is will be no checking on
unrecognized options because the lua code itself can be driven by options.

(As we do pass options to context it would mean that we'd get a whole
list of confusing unrecognized options.)